Health and Sanitation
Health of our community is paramount if we are to achieve any agenda for the county. Currently we have a number of health facilities which are catering for our community. If we build our roads then we need to revamp the health institutions as follows:-
- Increase the number of fully equipped hospitals.
- Equip the current medical institutions and;
- Partner with other counties to increase the number of specialised clinics .
- Promote preventive measures by observing proper sanitation
Measures to improve access to health care facilities in the county are:
- Every village to have a dispensary with at least a clinical officer to prescribe drugs.
- Every ward should have an ambulance to facilitate movement of casualties/ patients to the health facility.
- Partner with the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) to help the residents pay their medical bills or create a medical fund where they are able to make contributions, which enable them pay their medical expenses.
- Sufficient supply of drugs and equipments in the already existing facilities.
- Presence of a medical facility to offer maternity services in every ward to reduce infant mortality rates and birth-related complications.
- Source through cost effective method quality drugs for our health facilities.
- Establish a viable social health insurance for all county residents